Sunday, October 26, 2008

Poured out like a libation...

I was sitting in Mass tonight and honestly felt like I wasn't going to make it through.  Call it fatigue.  Call it low blood sugar.  Call it nerves.  Call it all three.  But I really thought I was going to faint or throw up or something.

And while this was happening, all I could think about was what St. Paul said when he wrote to Timothy about being poured out like a libation.

I was empty.

But, what happened after realizing that was most certainly God blessing my attempt to offer my emptiness to Him.

If He can use my "poured-out-ness" to bring about "love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind" and "love your neighbor as yourself", he can make beauty out of anything, even beauty doesn't seem possible.

No comments: