Saturday, April 4, 2009

Basketball, basketball, basketball

I have a basketball family. Thanks to my dad. And my grandfather. And my uncles.

So, this time of year is fun. Final Four. NBA playoffs.

Since I'm hanging with the family this weekend, some observations:
  • We bought my parents a new, HD, flat panel TV. Don't worry. My dad paid.
  • It was neat to see, after we set up the TV, how basketball and the new nephew brought us together.
  • The Lakers are only one game behind the Cavs for the best record in the league after last night.
  • But, why the heck is Pau Gasol still playing so many minutes this late in the season? He had as much post season activity as Kobe (since they played each other in the gold medal game of the Olympics). Laker Nations needs Pau as much Kobe.
  • Andrew Bynumn can have as much fun as he wants. Just stay away from the Playboy Mansion and Playboy bunnies and get your knee better.
  • Could it be that we have a Villanova/Michigan State championship game?
  • I just watched this Jay Bilas segment on Villanova's offense. I like this stuff, understanding the ins and outs of the game. Bilas should be a coach.
Back to lounging...

No comments: