Thursday, August 28, 2008

What I did this summer...

Sorry it's been a while since I've blogged.  I love the start of the school year.  But it is hectic.

So, here are some thoughts on the recently concluded summer break:

- Four medals for USA Volleyball (3 golds, 1 silver).  The gold medal match of for the men's indoor tournament has to be one of the best of all time.  Hugh McCutcheon modeled the reward that is possible when we endure in trial.
- Steubenville San Diego was special.  Special because God was there.  Special because He made us all one.
- I'm going to be an uncle.  That's pretty cool.

But, by far the highlight was going to the Dominican Republic on "vacation".  There are no words I can use to accurately describe how God jolted me for eight days so that I could see His face clearly and without distraction.  However, this video that the Holy Spirit helped me put together may give you a small glimpse of how He re-affirmed for me true meaning of being blessed.

No comments: