Sunday, August 10, 2008

Why Crossroads

I'm listening to a live version of "Why Georgia" right now. This may not seem that out of the ordinary. But I have not turned on my iPod for twelve days.

And the funny thing is that I haven't missed it.

For the last twelve days I have been part missionary, part retreatant, part student of true joy.

Thanks to the Maloys, Blake Wagner and the people at the Crossroads ministry, we worked among the poor Haitian refugees of the Dominican Republic.

I'll be posting more about our adventures in ministry this week.

But you should know this. I understand now why God prefers the poor. Because in poverty, God's mercy can flow.

My life will not be the same after this trip. The Haitians may have wanted material things from me. But I want something from them: joy in poverty.

Why Crossroads,why...

No comments: