Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bring on the Euros

I golf.  I watch golf.  I love Ryder Cup golf.

Match play is much more engaging format to watch than stroke play.  And this competition has so much intensity and passion.  Although, I think the coolest part of the whole thing is to see an individual sport become all about team.

Now, you know that this event is a big deal when the self-proclaimed "greatest" of all time decides to make an appearance at a practice round.

Golf has so much sportsmanship in its culture.  But, for this Team USA fan, it's about winning.  They can shake hands and sip champagne with the Euros on Sunday evening.  Until then, I wanna see a lot of competitive banter...and a bunch of American birdies.

P.S.  Hopefully neither team will be wearing hideous outfits, a la the 1999 USA shirts.

No comments: