Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I'm so very blessed

As a part of my "job" as a youth minister, I get to be proud of the young people that come into my life and witness them succeed and grow and struggle and laugh, all in the pursuit of happiness.

I get to watch volleyball players play just because it's fun and they've been blessed with the talents to do that.  I get to be a part of the important life/career choices that take my young people all over the globe in search of their vocation.  I get to share in the excitement of going away to college for the first time.  I get to talk/read text messages/have IM conversations with these men and women about getting an amazing job or getting an A on a test or being selected for a major part in a play.

Thank you, God, for these small blessings.  And thank you that, in your greatness, you allow me to witness your goodness incarnated before my eyes.

No comments: