Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Do any of you think this is weird too...

Airports do not lack interesting-ness, and San Diego's Lindberg Field is no exception.

But the fact that the CPK Express serves breakfast pizza?

BREAKFAST PIZZA!!!!????

Now that I have that off my chest, this other thought has smacked me upside the head: I will be without my laptop and cell phone coverage for 12 days as I head off to the Dominican Republic for my mission trip. This makes me feel incredibly vulnerable. Vulnerable usually means an open heart, and an open heart is one of the most important things to pack on a trip like this.

(By the way, a mom just walked by me with her young son - 2 or 3 years old ish - walking in front of her tied to a leash. Now he's either a world class athlete in training or she thinks he's a pet. Talk about weird...)

I'm about to board. The craziness and stress of last week is starting to catch up to me. I hope I sleep all the way.

I'll post when I arrive in Newark at 6:00 am EDT (that's 9 am in the DR and 3 am here in SoCal).

No comments: