Saturday, July 12, 2008

It's nice to be home

I spend very little time at my house.  Except for today.  

I decided to clean out my office, finally get rid of my old computer and do a little bit of rearranging.  Not gonna lie...pretty proud of myself for doing that.  Definitely a long time coming.  Feels really good to get that out of the way

As a reward, I spent the evening in front of the TV (with a California Burrito from Roberto's).  I started out watching the 2003 version of The Hulk (which was pretty good, in comparison to the version release just this June).  Although, as I was watching it, I was really amazing at how the Hulk bounced around like an oversized, green kangaroo.

After that was over, I tuned into to tonight's Pardes game.  Actually, I really only tuned in because they celebrated the 10 year anniversary of the 1998 NL Championship team.  

It was really quite cool seeing all of the old players that showed up for the celebration.  I really remember that whole playoff run like it was yesterday.  Probably because I got to attend game 5 of the 1998 NLDS against the Astros at the Q.  Honestly, one of the greatest sports moments of my life.  It was SOOOO loud I had to yell at my friends sitting next to me.

On a different note, I'm very excited to follow all the happenings of World Youth Day in Australia.  Certainly a blessed time for all the pilgrims going there.  Certainly a blessed time for our whole world.

P.S.  Just finished reading this amazing book, Sword of the Spirit.  If you want some ideas on how to live true, authentic happiness here on this earth, you should pick this up.

No comments: