Saturday, July 26, 2008

Not your ordinary kind of pilgrimage

It's very very VERY late.  And tired does not seem to fully describe my level of tired.  Now, you might be reading this thinking that I've travelled to some far away land like, say, Australia.

But, in reality, myself and 50 members of our youth ministry have made the short, half hour drive to San Diego State University for the annual Steubenville San Diego Catholic Youth Conference.

Steve Angrisano, the host of the conference, made an interesting point.  When we think of a pilgrimage, we think of the trip to a far far away land.  Yet, he offered us the idea that a pilgrimage is a journey into a holy place.  I'd say the heart of God is pretty holy.  And to think that the heart of God can be made manifest in a basketball arena is pretty darn cool.

We might not have travelled very far in physical miles, but the journey to encounter God is full of challenges and distractions from sin and evil that can drain even the most faithful Christian.

Did I mention I'm tired?

More to come from the conference (yay for mobile blogging)...

No comments: