Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Music to my ears

I have a plethora of really good music on my iPod.  I just bought three new albums:

Where the Light is (John Mayer)
Viva la Vida (Coldplay)
3 Doors Down (3 Doors Down)

I really like the John Mayer album, which was recorded live in my hometown of Los Angeles.

However, my favorite of all three albums - in fact, my favorite of any album in my iPod - has been one with no notes and no lyrics.

I have found myself choosing the song of silence recently, especially in my car as I drive around.  So, I've been shutting off my iPod and just listening to much more than what comes out of my car audio.  

And I have to admit that I like the silence.  Helps me focus on where my heart is leading me.  Helps me to know my heart better.  Helps me connect with the One who fills my heart with love and mercy.

No comments: