Sunday, July 27, 2008

I do think so...

We just finished an amazingly long, tiring and powerful day at the Steubenville conference.

This wonderful Puerto Rican priest, Fr. Jose, taught us a simple reminder today in fighting against evil and temptation:

I don't think so, baby!

It's kind of like just saying no to sin.  And saying no to sin is the pathway to true happiness.

But, I'd like to think there is another side to this thought that makes it more complete:

I do think God revealed his presence to all of us in the beauty and simplicity of a piece of bread.
I do think God called us all by name, just like he called Mary of Magdala at the site of the empty tomb.
I do think tears are a sign of healing...and a promise to God to change.
I do think there is power in reverence and silence.
I do think there has been a lot of healing this weekend.
I do think there will be more healing to come.
I do think our Mother Mary looks out for us at every moment.
I do think we really need to respond with boldness and confidence when we hear God call our name.
I do think God really only humbles us only to exalt us.
I do think that sleep deprivation in the name of being closer to Christ is not just a bad thing.
I do think nuns are some of the coolest people on the earth.
I do think priests and seminarians are gifts that keep on giving.
I do think none of us will be the same after this weekend.  And that is a good thing.
I do think seeing old friends and making new ones is cool.
I do think we are more alike than different.
I do think we will change the world.
I do think God is love.

No comments: